|Training, professional development and quality employment conditions for those engaged in childcare.
The NVCC believes that comprehensive training and continuing professional development opportunities are essential for provision of quality services. We believe a commitment to high training standards, continuing professional development and good working conditions must be underpinned by national policies, investment and infrastructure which value and support their achievement.
NVCC priorities are:
- Implementation and on-going review of the Workforce Development Plan.
- Investment in training and continued professional development, ensuring that funded childcare courses are accessable and available free of charge to participants.
- Development & implementation of training and professional progression paths for all childcare practitioners.
- The establishment of a national pay scale for childcare practitioners.
- Prompt Garda/Police vetting for all childcare and early education practitioners.